24 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed
6 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 package (14 oz.) Kraft Caramels
1/2 cup milk
1 cup chopped pecans
3 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla
2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter. Press into the bottom and 2 inches up the side of a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a saucepan or in the microwave, melt caramels with milk. Stir in nuts and pour half of mixture into crust. Refrigerate crust for 10 minutes, and remaining caramel mixture for later use.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Add in eggs one at a time until just combined. Pour over caramel layer.
- Bake 65 to 70 minutes, until center is almost set. Cool, cover and refrigerate.
- Heat reserved caramel and pour over cheesecake. Melt chocolate and drizzle over caramel.